A street map to automobile Brands industry possession and partnerships
The automobile business has a family tree that is perplexing. The last decade has witnessed earnings partnerships, separations, bankruptcies, and branches murdered.
Since automakers have slimmed down to become effective and more profitable, we've observed titles, such as Hummer Oldsmobile, and Pontiac, fade into the history books. We've seen new parents are, such as Chrysler, Jaguar, and Volvo, found by other people out their nation.
To help clear up some of this confusion, we provide a road map to that owns which auto brands sold in the U.S.
Several brands that were retired are contained in the listing, for example, Scion, because versions are still easily available on the used-car market. We've omitted manufacturers, such as Ferrari and Aston Martin, that are with no automaker parent firms.
Brand names and new pages connect, where you'll see links to previous and current road evaluations.
Obviously, the listing is subject to change. To figure out how the significant manufacturers compare in reliability, owner satisfaction, and road-test functionality, visit our brand report cards.
If you want to see - Auto Insurance Buyer’s Guide
Guide to Car Brands
Here we record its parent company and each automobile manufacturer, such as some manufacturers whose products continue to be available as used cars.
- Brand: Parent Company
- Acura: Honda Motor Company
- Alfa Romeo: Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
- Audi: Volkswagen Group
- BMW: BMW Group
- Bentley: Volkswagen Group
- Buick: General Motors
- Cadillac: General Motors
- Chevrolet: General Motors
- Chrysler: Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
- Dodge: Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
- Fiat: Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
- Ford: Ford Motor Co..
- GMC: General Motors
- Genesis: Hyundai Motor Group
- Honda: Honda Motor Co..Hyundai: Hyundai Motor Group
- Infiniti: Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Alliance
- Jaguar: Tata Motors
- Jeep: Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
- Kia: Hyundai Motor Group
- Land Rover: Tata Motors
- Lexus: Toyota Motor Corp..
- Lincoln: Ford Motor Co..
- Lotus: Zhejiang Geely Holding Group
- Maserati: Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
- Mazda: Mazda Motor Corp..
- Mercedes-Benz: Daimler AG
- MercuryDecision: Ford Motor Co..
- Mini: BMW GroupMitsubishi: Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Alliance
- Nissan: Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Alliance
- Polestar: Zhejiang Geely Holding Group
- Pontiac*: General Motors
- Porsche: Volkswagen Group
- Ram: Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
- Rivian: Rivian Automotive, inside investments out of Amazon and Ford, Amongst Others.
- Rolls-Royce: BMW Group
- Saab: manufacturer owned by Saab AB; resources possessed by National Electric Vehicle Sweden
- Saturn*: General Motors
- Scion*: Toyota Motor Corp..
- Smart: Daimler AG
- Subaru: Subaru Corp..
- SuzukiDecision: Suzuki Motor Corp.. Owns a stake in Toyota.
- Tesla: Tesla Inc..
- Toyota: Toyota Motor Corp
- Volkswagen: Volkswagen Group
- Volvo: Zhejiang Geely Holding Grou
*Retired brand, but a lot of them are still sold as used automobiles .
Guide to Car Businesses
Following is a listing the significant car companies that sell from the U.S. and the manufacturers that they now provide here.
- Parent Company possesses BrandBMW Group possesses BMW, Mini, and Rolls-Royce.
- Daimler AG possesses Mercedes-Benz and Smart. Fiat Chrysler Automobiles owns Alfa Romeo, Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Jeep, Maserati, and Ram. FCA is merging with Peugeot S.A. (aka PSA), which possesses Citroen, DS Automobiles, Peugeot, Opel, and Vauxhall. Even though the new names will remain unchanged the new name will soon be Stellaris.
- Ford Motor Co.. Possesses Ford and Lincoln.
- General Motors possesses Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, and GMC.
- Honda Motor Co.. Possesses Acura and Honda.
- Hyundai Motor Group possesses Genesis, Hyundai, and Kia.
- Mazda Motor Corp.. Possesses Mazda.
- Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Alliance possesses Infiniti, Mitsubishi, and Nissan.
- Stellantis is your new firm formed by the Fiat Chrysler Automobiles and Peugeot S.A. merger. The title is described as being rooted from the Latin verb"stello" significance"to decorate with celebrities "
- Subaru Corp.. Possesses Subaru.
- Tata Motors owns Jaguar and Land Rover.
- Tesla possesses Tesla.
- Toyota Motor Corp.. Possesses Lexus and Toyota. Plus it's a stake in Suzuki and Subaru.
- Volkswagen Group possesses Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, and Volkswagen.
- Zhejiang Geely Holding Group (ZGH) possesses Lotus, Polestar, and Volvo.